Nothing beats fresh, homemade mylk (almond, hemp, rice, etc.). This quick and simple, 5 ingredient, almond mylk is refreshing and can be altered to fit your taste buds. A common question I get is "how do I make it milky coloured"? Its amazing...the almonds and water, once blended, just turn into a nice, milky, white colour!
So...what are you doing tomorrow? Your answer better be making almond mylk! You can find the recipe below and I can't wait to hear about how much you love love love it!
Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Mylk
- 1 cup - raw almonds
- 3.5 cups - water
- 1/2 tsp - vanilla
- 1/2 tsp - cinnamon
- 3 pitted dates
- cheese cloth
- Soak almonds in water overnight. Or speed up the process and soak it in hot water for 1-2 hrs.
- Strain the almonds and put them, along with all the other ingredients, into a high speed blender.
- Blend it all up in the blender for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a cheese cloth and strain the liquid into a glass jar.
- Try your best not to drink it all right away. :)