This simple yet delicious recipe is a new twist to the everyday, boring oatmeal we're used to. Packed with healthy sugars, fiber and vitamins, this will surely start your day off right! I adopted this recipe from Oh She Glows but made a few adjustments. Give it a try and let me know how you like it! :)
2 1/4 cups - gluten-free rolled oats
2 tbsp - cane sugar
2 tsp - ground cinnamon
1 tsp - baking powder
1/2 tsp - ground ginger
1/2 tsp - fine grain Himalayan sea salt
1/4 tsp - ground nutmeg
2 cups - unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup - unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup - pure maple syrup
2 tsp - vanilla extract
2 - apples, peeled and diced
1. Preheat the oven to 375’F. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2 In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir well to combine.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until combined. The mixture will be soupy. Stir in the apples.
5. Spoon the oatmeal into the casserole dish and smooth out the top.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until the oatmeal is bubbly and the apples are fork tender.
7. Cool the oatmeal for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a splash of coconut or rice milk and drizzle with maple syrup if you want to sweeten it up a bit.
8. Cool the oatmeal completely before wrapping it up and placing it in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge for 5 to 6 days or in the freezer for 2 to 3 weeks.